the "frog" assembled -- this is the y-axis, and the bed (what the printer prints on) will be installed on top.
the x-axis assembled. also, the z-axis stepper motors mounted.
the frigging belt does not run evenly. partly because that we didn't adjust the x-axis idler end completely perpendicular (some of these things are very hard to measure). but part of it also seems because the grooves the belt runs through on the x-carriage are not perfectly lined up with the roller bearing it runs over on the idler end. the photo doesn't show this (since i didn't know it would be a problem when taking it). i want to document this better, but the paramour isn't into taking photos when zie's fiddling with stuff, so that all will happen when we put together MY printer, *grin*.